Saturday, June 2, 2012
Tecum Principium In Die Virtutis Tue - Ambrosian Chant (Ensemble Organum)
1. Dixit Dominus Domino meo:
Said Lord to Lord my:
Sede a dextris meis
sit at right hand my
Donec ponam inimicos tuos scabellum pedum tuorum
until I shall make eniemies your stool of your feet
1. The Lord said unto my Lord: Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.
2. Virgam virtutis tuae emittet Dominus ex Sion
Rod of power your shall send forth Lord from Zion;
Dominare in medio inimicorum tuorum
rule in midst of enemies your.
2. The sceptre of your power the Lord shall send forth Zion: Rule thou in the midst of your enemies.
3. Tecum principium in die virtutis tuae
With you power on day of might your,
In splendoribus sanctorum ex utero ante luciferum genui te
in splendor of holy ones; from womb before light-bringer
3. The power to rule is with you on the day of your strength, in the splendor of the holy ones:
4. Juravit Dominus et non paenitebit eum:
Has sworn Lord, and not will repent of it
Tu es sacerdos in aeternum secundum ordinem Melchisedech
You are priest for eternity according to order of Melchizedech.
4. The Lord has sworn an oath and will not repent of it: You are a priest for ever, after the order of Melchizedech.
Dominus a dextris tuis confregit in die irae suae reges
Lord at right hand your, destroys on day of wrath his kings.
5. The Lord at your right hand destroys kings on the day of his wrath;
6. Judicabit in nationibus
He shall judge among heathen,
Implebit ruinas, conquassabit capita in terra multorum
he shall pile up ruins; he shall shatter heads on land of many.
6. He shall judge among the heathen; he shall pile up ruins and scatter skulls on many lands.
7. De torrente in via bibet
Of torrent in way he shall drink;
Propterea exaltabit caput
therfore he shall life up head
7. He shall drink of the torrent in his way; therefore he shall life up his head.
Glory to the FATHER...